Saturday, July 25, 2009

Eagle Rock Falls

So last weekend we were supposed go venture out to Karijini, but someone had a few too many beers watching the All Blacks kick some Aussie butt and we had a very quiet day in the donga on Sunday.
Monday we got up bright and early and headed out to "Eagle rock falls" about 2 hours north east out of town. It was marked on our map "for experienced 4 wheel drivers" but we decided to go for it anyway. It hadn't rained for a while so the tracks were dry and we made it there quite nicely, a bumpy trip though, I'm glad I wore a sports bra! Some points Brad only had 3 wheels on the ground, I managed to capture one of those moments of film too!
Eagle rock falls was amazing, I really don't know how people found these magical places in the middle of nowhere. The falls were pretty dry, gets really full in the "wet season" but I imagine that would be a real trek to get out there over summer when the tracks are muddy.
On the way back, we followed out "mud map" toward "3 pools" but unfortunately, we got lost, the GPS settings on the map were different to the ones our GPS, sooo, we went well past them and ended up taking the back track back to Marble bar road. You couldn't see anything for miles, but we got home in the end!
Another adventure to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment